WinPSKX ActiveX Control
Version 1.1a - Released June 3, 2001
Version 2.0 - Release planned for September, 2001
Moe Wheatley, AE4JY has kindly allowed me to collaborate with him
on developing a PSK31 ActiveX control based on his PSK31 engine DLL.
This control provides all the functionality you need to build your
own PSK31 application using Visual Basic, Delphi, or C++ and with integrated visual data displays
typically used in PSK31 applications.
You drop this control into a Visual Basic form and within minutes can have a functioning PSK31 receiver.
With a bit more coding for handling TX/RX control and persisting the user's settings,
you can build a full-blown PSK31 application.
Information and downloads for the WinPSKX ActiveX control:
||This is a screenshot of the control in a demonstration application.
||Download the documentation if you would like to learn more about the control.
||Download the WinPSKX ActiveX control SDK.
||Download Moe's WinPSK converted to use the ActiveX control.
- If you download and use the control, please check this site occasionally for updates and bug-fixes.
- I don't have any clean sample code for the WinPSKX control.
I do have various test applications, which I've written for debugging and testing features, but these are
not complete PSK31 applications, nor are they guarranteed to work.
Please send me an e-mail if you really want to see whatever I might have on hand.
- The WinPSKX control is made available free of charge for personal amateur radio use only.
Use of this control in retail software applications is permitted, but not supported.
I've developed the control for the purpose of encouraging homebrewers to build their own micro-PSK31 applications.
I do not guarrantee, nor provide free, support for the WinPSKX control in commercial applications.
Lastly, I appreciate your interest in the WinPSKX control, and I welcome your suggestions and comments.
Updates since the original release
Version 1.2 Release Notes, August 18, 2001:
Version 1.1a Release Notes, June 3, 2001:
- Version 1.2 is available for experimental use.
However, I recommend that you use the Version 1.1a for any PSK31 applications that you intend to distribute.
You will find more information on the WinPSKX V1.2 description page.
Version 1.1 Release Notes, May 31, 2001:
- There was a problem with returning data in the GetRawData and GetFFTData methods. A minor change in the
PSKCore DLL has resolved this.
Incremental bug fixes or feature improvements were added since the original April 7, 2001 release:
- Re-linked with Moe's Version 1.11 PSKCore codebase.
- Resolved the problem with passing arrays in Visual Basic. The documentation has been updated
and describes how to pass arrays properly.
- Setting the TXFrequency property did not cause the xmit frequency to change. Debugging this led to a series of interrelated issues between the TXFrequency and RXFrequency properties, and the TX and RX visual cursor positioning. This is all fixed now. Please read the documentation for further information on how these properties and cursor positions interact.
- Added a new property, AutoTrack. Setting this causes the TX frequency to follow the RX freqency. Read the documentation for further details.
- Found the bug that was responsible for the wild fluctutations in the received signal level.
Send e-mail to Dave:
Go to the WAØTTN Web page.
Go to the Dave Cook Consulting Web page.
Last updated August 28, 2001